Saturday 29 August 2020

Ticking Over

I don't really have time for a blog, probably those who read my blog have realized that. But it's my blog so I will blog as and when I can.

I notice that I have a regular visitor who sneaks onto my blog from twitter, which begs the question of whether they are hanging onto my every word on twitter as well as on here. I wouldn't bother if it was me, I am not the most interesting person, but I have this nightmare vision that it is someone from Blinking Anglicans, scouting out things to grumble about. I'm not obsessing, it's online, it's there to read. Some people do obsess. If the 'Thinking Anglicans' can really think, why haven't they quit the sinking ship rather than supporting is and thus supporting abuse?

Thinking Anglicans is a name that can be changed to so many other things, but I tend to think of them as the 'Whiny-Whiners'. Their twitter link to their blog page is corrupted and tries to send me to a dangerous hacker account, and their blog has the same whiny whiny commentators each post, people who haven't had the guts to leave the sinking ship and instead make their life round self-righteous whining on the comments section of the blog. 

Golly, I sound like a menopausal woman, no offence meant. But I saw them rip an abuse victim apart, and for that and then publishing my letter to one of the arses in senior church leadership without the courtesy of asking, I will never forgive them. Is that unchristian? Did Jesus forgive the Pharisees? 

This weekend has seen Premier, a broadcaster very similar to 'Thinking Anglicans' insipid crawlers, trying to make the trouble making of 'Extinction Rebellion' into 'Christian' work. Jesus spoke against anarchy and left the troublemakers of the day hollow. Anyone can use 'Christianity' as an excuse, and of course many do. Remember Jimmy Savile? He was a 'Catholic' and also an honorary Churchwarden in a C of E church. 

My previous post, Rule Britannia was just for laughs and was in response to someone in the telegraph imperiously demanding new lyrics, mine didn't have the right cadence though. Someone suggested the Sex Pistols version of God Save the Queen though. 

I haven't been too well since returning home, which hasn't helped my temper, and I was not happy to see some ex-clergy guy making fake claims about churches and mosques, so I lost my temper. The kind of weird ignorant Islamophobia is bad enough but making up an untrue story about the Catholic church to try to validate Islamophobia really got my goat.

The humanists were broadcasting a religion survey which indicated that 52 percent of British people are non-religious, while 12 percent are C of E, I asked them that surely a much lower percentage actually attend the C of E, and they replied that 2-3 percent do. This sounded like there had been a revival, as the census in 2012/14 indicated that the C of E had fewer than 800,000 worshippers, which as a percentage of the population of Great Britain, would be around 1.5 percent. It was interesting to see that the C of E claimed 12 percent, and the Catholic Church, whose congregations are large, had 7 percent. 7 percent but how many of those are worshippers?

 It's a misleading survey. They need to point out the worshipping percent. Anyone can put down any religion, like the man in hospital who was offered Holy Communion at his bed, and he said 'No thanks, I'm Church of England!' Anyone can claim to  religion without knowing anything about it, I just heard someone claim to a certain religion, a very short simple spelling, but they spelled it hilariously wrong, indicating that they couldn't possibly be a part of that religion. 

The other Christian Denominations were higher than the C of E, which is hardly surprising. The Free and Evangelical churches offer a variety of lively or solid services usually with better teaching than the C of E, more teaching, less of the rigid liturgy and waffle. I am Catholic, but I enjoy visiting Free and Evangelical Churches. Altogether, Catholic and other types of Christianity outweighed the C of E, while the C of E denomination percentage was largely in name only, people who went to C of E school and were baptised in the C of E, while Evangelical and other denomination would be actual worshippers, it would be rare for someone to claim to be an Evangelical or Free Church, Charismatic etc, without actually being connected to the church. 

I had a thought, the Church has now been associated with abuse and cover-up for many decades, but Humanism hasn't, Humanism and Secularism don't have any of the same abuse-related connotations. 

This was my highlight of the past week. My world isn't confined to grumbling about the Churches and the Cults and the Crazies.Life is too big. Among other things I like funny videos, and the one on here is one of the funniest: https://www.metaltalk.net/dave-joseph-falls-off-chair-video-goes-viral.php

The dog is the star, as far as I'm concerned, I love it when dogs talk, ours does. But if you get past the video, after your 10th view, there's a great video of some of Dave's guitar playing, he's good. 

It's been a quiet week. I think Jonathan Gibb trying to hold onto the elderly BBC 4 listeners by pretending that there would be any hope of a 'root and branch change' in C of E safeguarding was last week's news. Of course it is vital to pretend all is rosy, those old people leave legacies to the C of E. 

Some twerp did an article claiming that the government may become radicalized and dangerous when the C of E is gone. That must have been satire, the corrupt abusive C of E help to make the government and the UK corrupt and abusive. 

Too much going on, I'd better go. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

A letter regarding the Coronation

04/05/2023 Dear people of the UK and the world,  I am lucky to be looking on from a distance. When the UK gets hysterical, the distance is a...